It has been quite some time so I'll open with the latest updates to my gaming collection. My PS3 has arrived and boy is it pretty. It runs so quiet that it almost feels foreign... or as if the system's fans have broken because I am so used the gear-grinding 360. I will post my official hardware review of the PS3 Slim soon.
Along with the gaming console, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves came. This game is excellent; never have I seen such a gorgeous, sharp, fun, and exciting game in many years! The graphics are the best of any console game I have seen, and with zero frame-dips and loading times this title is a perfect example of the PS3's capabilities. Even the multiplayer is a load of fun! Although there are not as many game modes, I would not hesitate to say that Uncharted 2 multiplayer is basically Gears of War multiplayer with no lag and quicker, better matchmaking. It plays the same, but I definitely will give a nod to Gears as far as creative and fun weaponry. Uncharted features a much more realistic arsenal, that satisfies nonetheless.
I haven't even gotten to the story and specifics of Uncharted 2... hopefully I will have the review out with the PS3 review in a few days. Still, Uncharted is not the only game to grace my new hardware. I also picked up Assassin's Creed II about a week ago, and I am having a blast with it ever since I finished Uncharted 2's single-player campaign. Although I'm sure you've heard, you take control of Desmond at the beginning, however you quickly commence an exciting, fast-paced escape sequence. Eventually you find yourself in another Animus in order to further partake in the bleeding-effect that granted Desmond "eagle-vision" from Altair, the assassin from the previous game. This time, we jump ahead about 500 years to Renaissance Italy where Ezio is wreaking havoc across Florence. The game deals with a lot more story and basically a much broader and expanded experience in nearly every possible way from the original Assassin's Creed. Climbing is smoother, swimming is now an option, and even a second hidden blade to accompany many new additions to the assassin armory. I still have a ways to go before I can prepare a review, but so far DEFINITELY so good!
Okay there's my update! I plan on getting Reach by the end of the week, and yes I know I missed the midnight release parties (sigh). I guess thats what school does to you. Anyway, enjoy getting a head-start on me in the exciting new multiplayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment