Friday, August 20, 2010

Gamescom 2010 Wrap-up

Whew! Who would have thought a usually quiet, European video game convention would turn into a literal mini e3! Filled with announcements and extra details, the convention proved to be a phenomenal event.

The highlights I was most intrigued by and would most like to recap mainly encompass two games: Resistance 3 and BioShock Infinite. Although I have not played either of the previous Resistance games, I am still psyched to hear more about this next upcoming game. I love shooters, and once I finally pick up my 160 GB PS3 next week I just may start up the Resistance series. Actually, to be honest I'll start with Killzone and make my way over as time allows. Yeah I know I really didn't give you ANY details at all about the game, but that is the reality of it at this point. All that was released was a live-action promotional trailer that basically just promised the game would be more of the same at least at this point.

Now the second game which is definitely worth noting is BioShock Infinite. Once again, real details have not been given in full but we do know the game will take you out of the underwater realm of Rapture and up into the heavens of Columbia. Yes, a city in the sky. A full trailer details how unique and amazing this game looks to be. I absolutely cannot wait for more details and you will be sure to hear of them as they come forth.

In less exciting, but still worth noting news, the Rock Band 3 setlist has been fully revealed. Two new characters have been announced for Marvel vs, Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. The two freshly unveiled fighters are Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu. If you are wondering who Dormammu is, well I couldn't exactly tell you. All I really know is that he is a Marvel super-villain badass with a flaming skull. Sounds like fun.

For details on less exciting news from Gamescom just check out a more thorough site. I touched my major thrills, but if you are into the new Medal of Honor there is a new trailer to check out. Anyway, it looks like 2011 is going to be one hell of a year. This Christmas season will do fine for now though.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment